As a System Administrator and Project Manager for Bright Bear Technology Solutions, a managed service provider based in Irvine, CA, I manage a team of technicians that serve as the primary customer contact for our clients. I value creating personal relationships with each client, and strive to incorporate friendly and trustworthy service with skilled and experienced technical support. Through Bright Bear, I’ve gained significant experience in enterprise support for businesses, PBX systems, Linux, Windows, and the extremely rewarding practice of managing a hardworking, hands-on team. I am always striving to expand my skill set and push the limits of what I can do as I continue forward in my career in technical support and management.
Systems Administrator / Project Manager (2014 – Present)
Bright Bear Technology Solutions, Inc.
- Responsible for communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job results.
- Recommend strategies, policies and procedures to evaluate implementation outcomes by identifying problems, evaluating and anticipating requirements to resolve.
- Configured and maintained Windows and linux servers, virtual servers, customer websites, and VOIP.
- Managed end-user software and hardware, including Mac and PC workstations, mobile devices, wireless networks, printers, phones, and A/V equipment.
- Trained new technicians and employees and wrote extensive documentation on company procedures, policies, and systems.
System Administrator (2013 – 2014)
Lunarpages Internet Solutions
- Manually analyzed log files to interpret issues with server’s instability, repair corrupted MySQL tables, malicious activity, responded to automated SMART imminent disk failure warnings, locating rootkits, malware, and PHP/CGI based hacking scripts.
- Worked as part of a 24-hour team to secure and monitor Linux servers via automated Bash scripted response IPTables blocking, configuration of ACL's on Cisco ASA 5505 firewall devices, ConfigServer firewall, Mod_Security rulesets, and kernel updates.
- Utilized Windows, Mac and Linux server anti-rootkit scanners such as: Linux Malware Detect, RKhunter, ClamAV, Sophos, Kaspersky, Eset, and McAfee, configured to scan FTP and PHP file uploads for known malware signatures in real-time.
First Line Technician (2012 – 2013)
- Provided repairs and preventive maintenance on financial hardware such as ATMs, check sorters/proof machines, scanners, smart safes and small equipment.
- Conducted hardware maintenance such as replacement of consumable materials, belts, air filters, and feed parts.
- Utilized ticket-based system including follow-up calls, escalation, and resolution with bank managers and remote on-call technicians.
IT Consultant (2007 – 2011)
• Provided troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and virus removal for home-based users.
Active Directory - Microsoft Office Suite - Windows / Linux Servers - Mac / Windows Desktops - iOS/Android Mobile Devices - Google Apps - Exchange / Office 365 - Postfix / Exim / Dovecot - Lync / Skype / Asterisk - VMware / Hyper-V - Dropbox for Business - AWS - Nginx /Apache - MySql - Bash - DNS - Firewalls- Cylance - Autotask RMM/PSA - Datto - Customer Service - End user training - Documentation - ITIL and ITSM