Roger is a Technical Engineer with over 4 years of experience working as a Systems Administrator, First Line Technician, and Help Desk Manager. Roger currently works at Bright Bear Technology Solutions as a Support Engineer. He wears many hats, but is mostly responsible for deploying complex software solutions and resolving call escalations. This includes correcting active directory issues, executing complex virus removal, and creating innovative solutions for various technical challenges. While working at Bright Bear, Roger designed and implemented a custom self-service portal that resolved reoccurring client requests and saved the company valuable hours of labor. Roger’s creativity, technical know-how, and outstanding interpersonal communication skills ensure that he rises to every challenge and goes above and beyond in everything he does.
Systems Administrator / Project Manager (2014 – Present)
Bright Bear Technology Solutions, Inc.
• Researched, tested, and deployed solutions to better support customer demands.
• Served as primary customer contact and escalation resolution technician.
• Configured and maintained Windows and linux servers, virtual servers, customer websites, and VOIP.
• Managed end-user software and hardware, including Mac and PC workstations, mobile devices, wireless networks, printers, phones, and A/V equipment.
• Trained new technicians and employees and wrote extensive documentation on company procedures, policies, and systems.
System Administrator (2013 – 2014)
Lunarpages Internet Solutions
• Manually analyzed log files to interpret issues with server’s instability, repaired corrupted MySQL tables, malicious activity, responded to automated SMART imminent disk failure warnings, locating rootkits, malware, and PHP/CGI based hacking scripts.
• Worked as part of a 24-hour team to secure and monitor Linux servers via automated Bash scripted response IPTables blocking, configuration of ACL's on Cisco ASA 5505 firewall devices, ConfigServer firewall, Mod_Security rulesets, and kernel updates.
• Utilized Windows, Mac and Linux server anti-rootkit scanners such as: Linux Malware Detect, RKhunter, ClamAV, Sophos, Kaspersky, Eset, and McAfee, configured to scan FTP and PHP file uploads for known malware signatures in real-time.
First Line Technician (2012 – 2013)
• Provided repairs and preventive maintenance on financial hardware such as ATMs, check sorters/proof machines, scanners, smart safes and small equipment.
• Conducted hardware maintenance such as replacement of consumable materials, belts, air filters, and feed parts.
• Utilized ticket-based system including follow-up calls, escalation, and resolution with bank managers and remote on-call technicians.
IT Consultant (2007 – 2011)
• Provided troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and virus removal for home-based users.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Active Directory - Microsoft Office Suite - Windows / Linux Servers - Mac / Windows Desktops - iOS/Android Mobile Devices - Google Apps - Exchange / Office 365 - Postfix / Exim / Dovecot - Lync / Skype / Asterisk - VMware / Hyper-V - Dropbox for Business - WMS and WCS platforms - AWS - Nginx /Apache - MySql - Bash - DNS - Firewalls - Customer Service - End user training - Documentation - ITIL and ITSM